Inn from the Cold – Kelowna offers emergency overnight shelter to people living on the street during the coldest winter months: November to April. Our shelter is located at 1157 Sutherland Avenue. Intake hours are from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Our shelter is a minimal barrier shelter that serves the most vulnerable homeless members of our community. Women and men are welcomed and a vulnerability assessment to determine bed allocation is completed at intake. Intake is completed upon referral (self or agency) and beds are assigned for duration of stay. The following are prioritized for service:
- Couples and adult family members
- Persons with pets
- Does not access other shelters
- Transgendered individuals
- Persons who work past curfew times (sex trade and traditional employment)
- Unable to access other services due to bans, time limits, red zone court orders, personal conflicts etc.
31 beds are made available and 4 are reserved for late night emergency referrals from hospital, RCMP, or self referrals.
Our total shelter capacity is 35.
The Overnight Shelter is not in operation during the summer. It operates generally from November until April.
Become a Shelter Volunteer at Inn from the Cold – Kelowna.