Inn from the Cold – Kelowna offers an emergency overnight shelter to individuals who need it the most. Our shelter is located at 1157 Sutherland Avenue. Intake hours are at 7:00 pm nightly.
Inn from the Cold – Kelowna serves the most vulnerable homeless members of our community. Women and men are welcomed and a vulnerability assessment to determine bed allocation is completed at intake. Intake is completed upon referral (self or agency) and beds are assigned for duration of stay. The following are prioritized for service:
- Couples and adult family members
- Persons with pets
- Does not access other shelters
- Transgendered individuals
- Persons who work past curfew times (sex trade and traditional employment)
- Unable to access other services due to bans, time limits, red zone court orders, personal conflicts etc.
Our shelter’s capacity is in excess of 40 individuals.
Become a Shelter Volunteer at Inn from the Cold – Kelowna.