Inn from the Cold – Kelowna began in 1999 when a group of like-minded community members saw a need to help people experiencing homelessness and life outdoors in the winter. These dedicated volunteers coordinated nightly bus transportation to a church hall, and provided an evening meal, overnight shelter, and breakfast.
These volunteers were committed to providing compassion, dignity, safety, and respect for all individuals experiencing homelessness.
Today, Inn From The Cold operates a minimal barrier shelter (November – April) that provides a safe, non-judgmental, and welcoming environment. IFTC also provides year-round support and advocacy programs including outreach services, case management, in-home support, and street soccer.
Inn From The Cold is non-profit organization responding to the needs of our community’s most vulnerable people. We are proud of our history – from a grass-roots, community-driven initiative to a charitable, volunteer-driven organization addressing the issues of homelessness and isolation in Kelowna.
A community that honours the inherent dignity of all, where individuals, especially the most vulnerable, are safe, respected and included.
To respond to the needs of people experiencing homelessness in a welcoming, compassionate and mutually respectful manner.
- A welcoming environment where those we serve are people first,
- Compassion for our all by delivering services that are inclusive, non-judgmental and encouraging
- An atmosphere of mutual respect which incorporates the confidentiality, personal privacy and dignity of all members of our community
- To provide emergency overnight shelter to adult people living on the street.
- To offer an environment of respect, compassion and caring.
- To build community relationships with individuals, agencies or groups to advocate for the needs of our guests.
Become a volunteer at Inn from the Cold – Kelowna.